Argh! FC5 installation: Cannot install FC5 disk #4!

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 22:21:26 UTC 2006

On 07 Apr 2006 12:19:08 +0200, Ingemar Nilsson <init at pdc.kth.se> wrote:
> "Franck Y " <franck110 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > For my part i killed likely 15 Cd's.
>
> I suggest that you do not use CD-R's but rather CD-RW's, since then any
> problems with the burn could be mitigated by a rewrite without costing you
> extra CD's.
>
> Regards
> Ingemar

Some older drives are only capable of reading 1x-4x CD-RW media. I
have had mixed results with the 4x-12x and 12x CD-RW.  Similarly, some
DVD drives will not accept or cannot read reliably DVD-R media but
will read DVD+R.

Burn speed is always an issue. Unless you are using the same drive on
which you burned the software I would recommend that you burn at one
half the maximum speed of the media/drive.