kernel errors

Tim ignored_mailbox at
Sat Apr 8 08:10:48 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 16:20 -0500, Thad Nielsen wrote:
> System is having difficulty reading the drive.  If it is a CD or DVD
> drive, is there a good, readable disc in it?  If it is a hard drive,
> it is time to try fsck.  Good luck!

Cabling problems can also bring a similar fault warning.  Or other
things on the motherboard.  I've a motherboard where the EEPROM creeps
out of the socket (due to thermal reasons), and the first thing that
usually upsets is drive access.

(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.