Video capture setup - maybe only one problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Apr 8 11:53:02 UTC 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 12:01, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm trying to get my video capture setup, for the first time since I moved
> to FC4, and am having a couple of problems.  First, I need the module
> zoran, which I thought was in the kernel when I used this previously, but
> is reported as not found now.  All the other required modules are found and
> loaded.

I find that I can capture without that module, so no module is needed, AFAICS.
(It was a loadable module before, possibly included now?)

> Second, I used xawtv as a monitor.

All I need now to be productive is something to use as a monitor for the
recording.  I'm told that any TV package can do it, but I've had no success
so far.  Can anyone help with this?

Anne