Are the Fedora ISOs unchangeable?

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 14:29:47 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie > wrote:

> Can one assume that the Fedora disk iso's will remain fixed?
>
> Suppose an error in anaconda, say, came to light.
> Would the iso's be altered to correct this?
>
> Just something that came into my mind ...

If it can be done for anaconda, it may as well be done for all rpm's that
got updated up to that moment.
Now imagine this is really done - who will say (shout) what? you can
imagine.
Such suggestions were there aplenty during currency of FC4 but never
implemented.

I feel (for myself at least, that) this is a question to be addressed during
testing phase and resist temptation of requesting a re-release.
You see there is a planned test1, test2, ... final release.
All problems get solved / resolved through Bugzilla and updates are a
continuing process.
However, It will be interesting to read observation of those who have
continued from FC5test2 stage -
 - just by upgrading, i.e. not resorting to a fresh reinstall of FC5
release. Anybody there, please.
Thank you

--
Anil Kumar Shrama