Looking for Circuit CAD and simulation (optinal) for Fedora!

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Apr 9 01:09:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 13:21 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Dan Thurman wrote:
>
> >    Can anyone tell me how to properly install gEDA
> >    on Fedora or point me to the links where I can
> >    read up on it and install it right?
>
> i just downloaded the rpms from here:
>
> http://www.sp5pbe.waw.pl/~sp5smk/geda.html
>
> rday

I found that this link explains it all and
partially works for FC5 and explained below:

http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:fc4_notes_available_here

1) Just be aware that "packaging" is not standard, i.e. you define where
the build directory and the install directory will be.

2) gnucap: The problem here is that the CC and CXX environment variables
has no effect on the configure and generated Makefiles so this
application builds on v4.0 or greater.  To fix that, you have to
manually edit the Makefiles in each of the "O" sub-directories and
change the CCC=g++ to CCC=g++32, run make clean, make, and make install
when the installer complains and completes this step.  All of the files
compiles but when it comes to linking all of the object files together -
it fails with unresolved symbols.  I am using fc5's g++32 compat files
which might be the reason since fc4's version is older than that of fc5.

3) EVERYTHING compiles and builds under FC5 with exception to gnucaps.

Cheers!
Dan