FC 5 Updates Suggestion

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Apr 9 03:35:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 08:39 -0500, tbrowder wrote:
> When a new update rpm to a package is put in the updates directory, could
> you please move the superseded one to another directory?  It would ease
> perusing the current list of updates immensely.

I don't think that is a good idea.

We have all seen packages that break for some installs when an update
occurs.  As long as the older package is still available the user can
roll back the update and get his system/package/application working
again.

I don't think it is necessary to keep more than a couple of the older
packages, but removing all the old ones as soon as the new one is
available would not be wise.