Weird happenings in FC 5

david walcroft david_walcroft at
Sun Apr 9 05:06:51 UTC 2006

Something strange is going on

1/ Firefox/plugins had all the usual ln -s in it,with a copy in
/mozilla/plugins,java,mplayerplugin,Adobe etc. All that is left
from 48hrs ago is:-

[david at reddwarf ~]$ ls /usr/lib/firefox-

[david at reddwarf ~]$ ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/  nphelix.xpt

And about:plugins shows

'Shockwave Flash'

'Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible'

and these aren't even in any of the plugin dirs.

2/ I went to ln -s the Java and Adobe files from /usr/local
and they were gone (the whole prog.) ,I checked for files in other dirs
and ~~ nothing!
its as if I didn't install them!

Installing plugins for Firefox-1.5 is still the same ---isn't it.