Sound Issue in Fedora Core 5 with Asus P4R800-V Delux Built-in ADI 1888 Sound Card

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 10 08:32:38 UTC 2006

> David,
> I have tried "alsamixer", which brings up the mixer that allows me to
> adjust the volume with different components. However, it does not have
> anything to do with optical/coaxial functionality. I wonder if there is
> anyway to enable this functionality. Or does Fedora simply not have
> optical/coaxial sound support?
>
> Sam

Sam, I don't know about Fedora, but I have here a KnoppMyth box, which
has specific settings for optical/coaxial. I have not played with them
(yet), but if one flavour of Linux does optical/coaxial out it stands to
reason the other does too?

Regards,
Ed.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in
disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of
bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the
national anthem. Although obviously Triple D will not be responsible for
the resulting ridicule.