Help: -- How to setup sendmail.mc and /etc/mail/authinfo for sbcglobal.net users??

Don Maxwell don.maxwell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:20:58 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, Robinson Tiemuqinke <hahaha_30k at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Any one knows how to setup FC4/FC5 sendmail on behalf
> on sbcglobal.net DSL users?

Here is the page that I used for guidance in configuring my sendmail to use
the sbcglobal servers.  The information on AUTH was most helpful:
http://efflandt.freeshell.org/sbc-smtp-auth.html

I saved the link about a year ago when SBC required userauth to use their
SMTP servers and blocked outbound port 25.  It worked well, and I forgot all
about it until FC5 update changed my config files.  Minutes later, I was
back in business.