Grub loading

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Apr 10 15:33:42 UTC 2006

"Brian Candlish" wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> Having installed and reinstalled Fedora Core 5, my grub load
> er simply will not boot Fedora, yet will do so for Windows X
> P. When trying to load Fedora I get the following response:-
>

> Boot
> Uncompressing Linux …
> Crc error
> --System halted

On first glance it sounds like either a bad drive sector, or a bad
install. Did you do the media check on the FC5 media? A CRC error (short
for cyclic redundancy check) is usually associated with a bad file
copy/corrupt file/bad disk sector issue.

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415