sendmail alias using NIS

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Mon Apr 10 16:50:44 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm using NIS across the whole network and I've got an FC3 machine
that's stock and sendmail will not cooperate and use the NIS alias maps.
I've tried changing /etc/nsswitch.conf and running newaliases and
restarting sendmail; I've even tried installing webmin to have a
graphical look at it but all to no avail.

I need to make sendmail use my aliases file; what am I missing here?  On
Solaris is was just fix up /etc/nsswitch.conf and be done with it???

Thanks,

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }
--