ASUS MoBo support for NVidia chipsets in FC

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:35:51 UTC 2006

Deboo ^ wrote:
> Hello,
>      Wanted to know if the ASUS A8N-SLI MoBo supports 64 bit FC4/5
> linux? If someone is usingthis under FC 64bit, please let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Deboo
>
> --
> Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.
I think the more appropriate questions would be, does the nForce4 SLI
chipset and nForce4 network chipset and Realtek ALC850 sound chipset and
nForce4 SATA chipset, etc support 64-bit? I have no problems with the
mentioned network and SATA chipsets (and even NVRAID0, up until 2.6.16,
but that's a dmraid issue). I have nForce4 Ultra, not SLI, but again no
issues. The main component that would have to support 64-bit though,
obviously, is the processor; as long as the A8N-SLI supports the 64-bit
processor you're going to use, it supports FC 64-bit.
-Dan