bootloader blues

Jimmy Montague rhetoric101 at att.net
Thu Apr 13 13:41:06 UTC 2006

Hello, everyone:

I'm a redhat newbie AND a linux newbie. I'm here because I don't want to
chase Big Bill into 64-bit Windows. But that's off-topic, isn't it?

So my problem is that, having installed Core 5, I can't boot Core 5
because the boot loader seems to have installed itself on the Linux
drive INSTEAD of on the Windoze drive. That's to say that, whenever I
boot the system, the Windoze boot loader appears INSTEAD of the Grub
boot loader. My attempts to repair and/or reinstall Core 5 yield the
same result.

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks for the input.

Jimmy