d-link dwl-g132 problem

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 22:26:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 13:00 -0400, jack wallen wrote:
> hello list,
>
> i have an FC4 machine working (using ndiswrapper) with a d-link dwl-g132
> usb wireless adapter. i'm using the windows drivers from the CD that
> came with the usb wireless adapter and the latest kernel.
>
> however...(there's always an however)...
>
> every once in a while the card goes down. the blinky lights (technical
> term i believe) continue to blink but there is no connection. i can run
> the commands to bring down the connection and bring it back up but it
> does no good. the only way i am able to reconnect is to reboot. this, of
> course, is a very windows-like approach and i don't much care for it.
>
> does anyone know of a better solution to get this car back up (or, even
> better, to prevent it from losing its connection?)
>
> thank you so much.

Ndiswrapper is a lifesaver, but unfortunately the windows drivers
require more than 4 stacks in order to operate.  I think they recommend
that your kernel have about 16 stacks in order to sidestep problems.
Did you do that or are you using one of the default kernels?

Default kernels from the fedora repos are compiled with 4 stacks, I
believe.

LX
--
Missiles of ligneous or osteal consistency have the