Help: -- How to setup sendmail.mc and /etc/mail/authinfo for sbcglobal.net users??

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Apr 14 03:23:00 UTC 2006

On Monday, April 10, 2006 1:52 PM -0700 Robinson Tiemuqinke
<hahaha_30k at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc the argument to SMARTHOST
> should be '[smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com]', while in
> /etc/mail/authinfo we can not use
> smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com directly b/c it is just an
> alias name, instead, we should use the DNS resolved
> true name that it points to.

I don't recall seeing square brackets in a SMARTHOST example before. Does
SMARTHOST go through MX processing, such that the brackets are needed if
one intends the name to be interpreted as the final mail host? (I'm
familiar with square brackets in mailertable.)