Problem booting FC5 after good install and doing the "first boot" configuration

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Apr 14 13:50:44 UTC 2006

Debbie Deutsch wrote:

> The install of FC5 went flawlessly.  After the install, I rebooted and
> went through the first-boot configuration.  One thing that I did was to
> turn off SELinux.  (Let's save that conversation for a different thread.
>  :-))  I also changed the display resolution to the same value I had
> been using under FC3.  Everything else was very vanilla.  You know the
> rest.  :-(  It appears that something changed as a result of the first
> boot configuration and is causing this problem.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions regarding a fix for this?  Or
> additional troubleshooting that I should do before submitting a bug
> report?  Since the system ran FC3 just fine, I doubt this problem is due
> to hardware.

The advice to turn off avaha-daemon seems sensible to me.

If that doesn't work you could try running in text mode
(answer "linux text" to the boot prompt
or append "text" after answering "a" when the grub prompt appears).
Maybe it has something to do with the change you made in X.

Ps I am not a guru"!

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366