nautilus mime problem, Evince

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 16:57:00 UTC 2006

Kevin Verma wrote:
> 4. I removed some suspected packages and instaleld again ,
> "rpm -e gnome-mime-data gnome-vfs2 gnome-themes shared-mime-info
> gnome-icon-theme --nodeps"
> "yum -y install gnome-mime-data gnome-vfs2 gnome-themes
> shared-mime-info gnome-icon-theme"
>
> This solved my interim problem so far, yet I can not be sure enough if
> it was some bug, perhaps two things could be still at major fault
> broken sum on iso or bad disk, so far I did not find any bad blocks
> into "dumpe2fs" output.

You may be interested in the rpm --verify command, which will check that
the files on disk for a particular package (or all, with the -a flag)
match the checksums, size, permissions, and other details as recorded in
the RPM database.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "But alas, we don't need a car, so I have a bus
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | timetable and one day the buses will read it too."