Graphics-to-text exit

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:39:51 UTC 2006

When exiting KDE (graphics mode, of course) back to text mode,
the terminal goes dark/black and the cursor appears in the upper
left-hand corner.  To get back to the text prompt, I have to use
Ctrl-Alt-F1 (or F2-F6).

This didn't happen before FC5, *AND* it didn't happen upon
initial install of FC5.  It started after the first (massive) yum update.

Thinking it might be a Fedora-introduced bug, I compiled and
installed kernel 2.6.16.5 from kernel.org.  No luck - no change.

I've been searching the mailing lists for Fedora and KDE, but so far
have found nothing even similar to this frustrating-but-harmless problem.

Where else might I look for some help?

Thanks,

--
MM