LIvna and FreshRPM

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 06:49:47 UTC 2006

Just install the freshrpms-package like this:

rpm -Uvh
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/5/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm

It will install all you need on yum.repos.d

After if, do a yum check-update.
It will fill up all repository data and it might tell you what packages
might need updating.

I know there are some issues about mixing livna and freshrpms (and all the
rpmforge repositories) and they are not supposed to be mixed together, but I
do not remember exactly what those issues are or how objective the criticism
is. You will have to google a little to find out.

On 4/15/06, Guillermo Garron <ggarron at alketech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Livna, and i would like to know how to change to use FreshRPM
> sourgeForge.
>
> Is it only a matter of changing my /etc/yum.repo.d/ ??
>
> or i need to uninstall all my packages installed by Livna before use
> FreshRPM.
>
> Also if any one knows wich is better :)
>
> regards,
>
> Guillermo.