Firefox 32bit and 64bit

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Sun Apr 16 05:17:57 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 00:52 -0400, Frank Pineau wrote:
> So,  just now finding out that there's no flash and java plugins for
> Firefox x86_64.  Can I install 32bit Firefox along with 64bit under
> FC5_x86_64 and not have them fight?  If so, how?
>
> TIA
> FP

Just download Firefox for Linux from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/,
extract it into your home directory (or elsewhere), install the 32 bit
Sun Java as described at
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html and
symlink the java plugin
to /home/your_user_name/firefox/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so, install
the 32 bit versions of Flash, RealPlayer, Mplayerplug-in and Adobe
Reader also described in the link above and copy their plugins
from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins to /home/your_user_name/firefox/plugins,
and then right click on the browser link in the panel and change its
properties from "htmlview %u" to
"/home/your_user_name/firefox/firefox".)
--
Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/