FC5 + new gnome terminal goes to background

Yonas Abraham yonas at erimp3.com
Sun Apr 16 07:27:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 08:02 +0100, Ron Yorston wrote:

> With the version of metacity that comes with FC5 you can't disable this
> feature.  However, so many people complained about it that the Gnome
> developers have released an update that does make it configurable (and
> retores the default behaviour to the way it was in 2.12).
>
> You can pick up an RPM of metacity with this patch from the Fedora Core
> updates-testing repository:
>
>   http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/5/

thank you very much. I will give it a try.

> It's not something I'd ever want, but there are people out there who
> never want new windows to take focus from the one they're working in.

it makes sense to not to bring the new window on focus, if you start
working on the old window after you click to open new and before the new
one open. But if you just open new one and don't do any thing, the new
window should be on focus. it is good that they revert it back. it was
driving me crazy.

--
/Yonas
Registered Linux user number 407343