Missing /etc/clamav.conf from RPM?

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 08:52:57 UTC 2006

I believe this is an ATrpms vs Extras issue

ATrpms uses a monolithic clamav package and it stores things in
/etc/clamav.d
Extras divided the package into three pieces and it stores the
clamav.confin /etc/clamav.conf

you are going to have to disable the clamav package from one of the repos by
using
exclude=clamav* on one of the *.repo files

Pick one and stick to it.

Javier

On 3/30/06, Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have yum installed clamav and was getting prepared to
> configure it and I notice that missing is the /etc/clamav.conf
> or /etc/clamd.conf depemding on what the installation manual
> says.
>
> I note that there is a /etc/clamd.d directory with two files:
> amavisd.conf  milter.conf but I don't think these replace the
> above missing files?
>
> Please let me know if there is something I am doing wrong and
> while you're at it. perhaps point me to the link where I can
> install the ClamAV on FC5?
>
> Thanks!
> Dan
>
> --