modem blues

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Apr 16 22:18:07 UTC 2006

At 2:21 PM -0700 4/16/06, Hex Star wrote:

>note that cable internet is quite often better then dsl...if at all
>possible I'd highly recommend you use cable broadband instead of dsl...

That's quite a matter of opinion, and doesn't match my experience.  For
example, I get 3 Mb/s even in the evening.  Or I could get 768 Kb/s for
$15/month.  Try /that/ with a Cable company.

Dealing with a Cable company is like dealing with the Phone company, only
worse.  If one can get by with only one of them, life will be simpler.  I
already had a phone.