amavisd-new and clamav woes with FC5

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 07:45:55 UTC 2006

clamd.sock is created once clamav starts running. It is used to interchange
data between amavis and clamav Just make sure tha Amavisd-new and Clamav are
pointing at the same clamd.sock file in their respective configuration
files.

One caveat. Make sure that you are using the right amavisd.conf file.
RPMFORGE builds it inside the /etc/amavisd directory, while extras will
build it into /etc directory.

Javier

On 4/16/06, David Timms <dtimms at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> > Previously I used the amavisd-new and clamav from RPMFORGE and since
> >  their version hasn't been updated yet thought I'd give the version
> > on extras a try.  I haven't been able to get clamav to work.
> > Apparently, the RPMFORGE version allows one to use
> > /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock" - but I haven't been able to find that
> > file in the extras version.
> I think this is a temporary file (not really a file - a socket id for
> inter-program communication perhaps).
>
> > When I installed amavisd-new from
> > extras, yum pull the following packages as requisites:
> >
> > amavisd-new-2.3.3-5.fc5 clamav-lib-0.88.1-1.fc5
> > clamav-server-0.88.1-1.fc5 clamav-data-0.88.1-1.fc5
> For clamav alone I have: rpm -qa|grep clam|sort
> clamav-0.88.1-1.fc5
> clamav-data-0.88.1-1.fc5
> clamav-lib-0.88.1-1.fc5
> clamav-update-0.88.1-1.fc5
>
> > Error: Missing Dependency: clamav-lib = 0.88-2.fc5 is needed by
> > package clamav-devel
> Did you write this one down correctly ? It seems the current version is
> 0.88.1-1.fc5 on my machine. What repos do you have enabled ?
> I don't think you need the -devel rpm
>
> try to get clamscan going first:
> # yum install clamav
> # edit /etc/freshclam as needed
> # freshclam --verbose
> # clamscan --verbose --log=clamscan.20060417.txt --recursive --infected
> /home/
>
> Are you looking at some howto info for amavisd ?  try:
> http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/clamav-redhat-amavis.html (targeted
> at rh9)
>
> DaveT.
>
> --