Problem booting FC5 after good install and doing the "first boot" configuration

fuzzkat no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 17 13:19:21 UTC 2006

Please disregard my last post, although this might be something to check if you have this problem...

We had a power cut yesterday, which I think has messed up a lot of stuff on this FC5 box.

Somehow, the gdm package got uninstalled.  This caused the system to hang trying to start the login screen.  I fixed this with a quick;
yum install gdm

It seems that most of Gnome was uninstalled, but I can't imagine how a powercut could cause this to happen.

Kat .: .:

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=79507&topic_id=19385&forum=10#forumpost79507