kernel module placement Q:

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 17 13:25:38 UTC 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 08:27, Claude Jones wrote:
>On Mon April 17 2006 8:14 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> But the $32 question is how do I make yum work with livna?
>
>I found the command I was alluding to in the other thread:
>rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
>
>That should install and configure the livna repos in your yum.repos.d
> folder

Thanks, looks like it did.  Now, I found those drivers, but after
copying them to /lib/firmware, and installing them, ndiswrapper -l
shows this:

[root at diablo yum.repos.d]# ndiswrapper -l
Installed drivers:
bcmw15   invalid driver!

So:
[root at diablo WLAN]# ndiswrapper -e bcmw15
[root at diablo WLAN]# cd /lib/firmware
[root at diablo firmware]# ls
bcmwl5.inf  bcmwl5.PNF  bcmwl5.sys
[root at diablo firmware]# ndiswrapper -i bcmw15.inf
Installing bcmw15
couldn't copy bcmw15.inf at /usr/sbin/ndiswrapper line 139.
[root at diablo firmware]#

I've repeated that several times, even with a full path & with & without
the .inf appended.

No install due to the above can't copy error.  An ls -l shows:
-r-------- 1 root root 658896 Nov 28 04:35 bcmwl5.inf

So I moved it by hand, but that didn't change anything.  I didn't really
expect it to, but...

And of course kwifimanager is still deader than last weeks news.

Whats in your wallet? /etc/ndiswrapper that is :)

Mine now shows an empty subdir named /etc/nbdiswrapper/bcm15

I have an SP30676.exe file which is supposed to be a 32 bit driver,
worked on a gentoo 32 bit system

Anybody else with a clueby4 here, please chime in.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: