Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Apr 17 13:37:57 UTC 2006

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Norm wrote:
>> Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.
>>
>> Whether I attempt to include ldap during the initial install or add it
>> later Fedora Core 5 seems to always hang at the same point while booting.
>>   It gets to "starting System Message bus" and hangs there. If Ldap is
>> not included there is no problem.
>
> Are you sure that you're running FC5?  I saw that problem during FC5
> test 3, but it was fixed before the actual release.

I can confirm that this also happened to me on two fresh fc5 installs.
When I tested, I found that if I told ldap to use TLS, it was an issue
because there is no way to download and install the CAcert
(www.cacert.org) root CA certificate and place it in
/etc/openldap/cacerts during the install, so TLS would fail.  If I told
it not to use TLS, it worked.

--
Anthony

Website: http://messinet.com
Gallery: http://gallery.messinet.com/main.php?g2_itemId=34

GnuPG Key / Fingerprint:
0xB0014A4E / 8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E

Registered Linux User #389089 - Get counted!: http://counter.li.org