FC5: sonypi module not autoloading

Miles Sabin miles at milessabin.com
Mon Apr 17 14:58:04 UTC 2006

I've just upgraded my Sony PGC-Z1XSP from FC3 to FC5, and I'm having a
problem getting the sonypi module to load on boot (a manual modprobe
sonypi works perfectly). This is almost certainly a udev problem, and I
had it working perfectly with udev under FC3, but things have changed a
little since then and I'm out of ideas so any suggestions would be most
welcome.

I have the following in my modprobe.conf,

  alias char-major-10-250 sonypi
  options sonypi minor=250

and I've added the following files,

  /etc/makedev.d/01sonypi:

  c $CONSOLE 10 250 1 1 sonypi

and,

  /etc/udev.d/rules.d/60-sonypi.rules:

  KERNEL="sonypi", NAME="%k", MODE="0666"

but with no discernable effect ... can anyone give me any pointers to
what I'm missing?

Cheers,

Miles