Network Drivers for Intel Motherboard

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 17 19:28:33 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Ted Beaton wrote:

> The motherboard has one RJ45 network interface.  As far as I know it is an
> either/or as far as which interface you have (1GB or 100MB).  I just

ah I get it, specs say it has one of the following...

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d945gnt/

> downloaded FC 4 Friday from one of the mirrors that the Fedora website has
> listed and the kernel is the 2.6.11-1.1369 kernel.  Where can I get the iso's
> fpr the 2.6.16 kernel?

I would grab the kernel rpm from the updates, burn it on cd or drop it on
a memory stick  install it and see...

IE, if you're using the x86_64 smp kernel, which seems likely grab
something like:

ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/fedora/updates/4/x86_64/kernel-smp-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4.x86_64.rpm

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu