partition management in linux - lvm

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 18 01:02:54 UTC 2006

on 04/17/2006 06:40 PM fredex wrote:

> I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but...
> hard drives are getting really inexpensive. I've seen 200-250 gig
> drives advertised for US$100 or less. Buy one of those babies and
> use it as a nightly backup. Or partition it with LVM the way you want
> and use it, then either retire the existing one to the "spares"
> category, or use IT as a nightly backup device.
it is not a problem actually. I bought this one (seagate 5 years
warranty) for $60 after rebate. And I know that such deals happen from
time to time so I'll probably buy another one soon.

But the main point is that this should be doable, otherwise it is a shame.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./