Xine gives an error with an avi file

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Tue Apr 18 02:30:18 UTC 2006

oleksandr korneta wrote:

> on 04/17/2006 07:14 AM Paul Smith wrote:
>> Dear All
>>
>> When playing an avi file with xine, I get
>>
>> $ xine carreira_atlantico.avi
>> This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.4.
>> (c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
>> xine: symbol lookup error:
>> /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.1/xineplug_decode_ff.so: undefined symbol:
>> pp_get_context
>
> same here
>
> [~]$ rpm -qa xine*
> xine-skins-1.10-2.2.fc4.rf
> xine-0.99.4-1.2.fc4.rf
> xine-lib-1.1.1-0.lvn.3.4
> [~]$
>
> recently updated xine-lib

It appears that it is looking for the ffmpeg postprocessing library.
I would suggest you try installing the ffmpeg and ffmpeg-devel
packages from livna to get the postprocessing libraries.

Also you might check in your ~/.xine/config file for mpeg-4 post
processing. By default it appears that xine is configured to do some
post processing on mpeg-4 files.

Kenny