Command line MP3 player?

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 02:05:33 UTC 2006

patrick <gibblertron at gmail.com> wrote: I should have also mentioned that this is on a headless machine
there would be an official Fedora package for it. Doing a "yum search
mplayer" produces zero results.
Mplayer has some optional gui front end that can be used, but mplayer itself is a command line app. I use it a lot. It also has all of the codexes in another file, which includes every  codex known to man, practically.  Just google  mplayer and goto their site, as you won't get the really GOOD stuff (mp3 related) from here, and download their rpm. www.mplayerhq.hu is where you want to go.
I love this program.

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256