FC5/yum big Gnome 2.4.x update problem

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Apr 18 04:17:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Steven Stern wrote:

> Patrick wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just did a yum check-update and saw there are a lot of Gnome updates so
>> I did yum -y update. Here is the error I get:
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: libpisock.so.8()(64bit) for package:
>> evolution
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libpisock.so.8()(64bit) is needed by package
>> evolution
>

> Me, too. I tried removing evolution (using Thunderbird), but there was a
> dependency for beagle. Since I'm not using that, I removed beagle and
> evolution.   That worked around the problem, but it looks like something
> is slightly mispackaged.

The new evolution is built against a downgraded pilot-link.  Not sure
what's failing, but I'd guess that there's a problem with yum downgrading
pilot-link.

I may just not be seeing updated mirrors, but I removed evolution,
pilot-link, gnome-pilot stuff, and beagle, and reinstalled, and now I have
the non-updated versions of all of them.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu