nfs in FC5

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 16:16:28 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 14:49, Frank-Michael Fischer wrote:

>     To access Windows shares, double-click on the Windows Network (SMB)
>     object. A list of the Windows shares available to you is displayed
>     in the file manager window.

Small comment - I think this is somewhat misleading, as samba can equally well
handle linux shares.  I use it on a mixed lan, no nfs, linux > windows >
linux and Linux < > linux.

I use kde.  For some reason I can't access any of the samba shares from the
network browser in the konqueror sidebar, but I have a tray applet icon that
gives me instant access to all network shares.

If you can't get nfs to do what you want, you could try this way.

Anne