CLAMAV NOT RUNNING? Possible Solution

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 06:45:50 UTC 2006

OK.
check out where your clamav.log file is. clamav.conf should say it.
Or you can try and look it up on /var/log/clamav

try to start clamd with

# service clamd start

check out the logs. what are they telling you?
a common error is that clamav might be looking for its configuration file in
/etc/ instead of /etc/clamav

you could solve it by using a symbolic link

Check out what the logs are saying.

Javier

On 4/18/06, William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi Javier, Thanks for responding;
>
> On Tue, 2006-18-04 at 20:57 -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> > do you have the atrpms repository enabled? If so, then maybe you are
> > having conflicts between the atrpms and the fedora extras versions of
> > clamav.
>
> Nope.  I only have Fedora base, extras and livna repositories enabled.
>
> I have already uninstalled and re-installed clamav.
>
> Regards Bill
>
> --

/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at pananet.com