Non-root rpm installs: howto acquire existing db info?

Ingemar Nilsson init at pdc.kth.se
Wed Apr 19 09:18:19 UTC 2006

Matt England <mengland at mengland.net> writes:

> I want the users of the rpm packages I'm building for my project to be
> able to install said packages as a non-root user.

Maybe you should take a look at the sudo command, it might do what you
want. Sudo allows normal users to run specific programs as the root
user. I suggest you read the sudo-related manual pages:

man sudo
man sudoers

The last man page covers the /etc/sudoers file, which specifies which users
are allowed to do what.

I haven't used sudo myself, so I'm afraid I cannot tell you more.

Regards
Ingemar