FC5 - "The Greeter application seems to be crashing"

Bob St John bob at stjohn.name
Wed Apr 19 13:36:56 UTC 2006

Folks,

I did a complete FC5 new install several weeks ago on an AMD64-based
box. I even created my first dual-boot environment. Install went
flawlessly and system has been working fine until . . .

Suddenly on boot I'm getting "The Greeter application seems to be
crashing. Attempting to use a different one." A different Greeter comes
up, I can log in, and all seems to work fine once I'm logged in.

Any idea why the Greeter may be crashing? The FC5 system is up to date
(via Yum.)

Bob St. John