How to copy a Fedora system?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Apr 19 15:04:28 UTC 2006

On Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:36 PM +0100 Timothy Murphy
<tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> wrote:

> The only issue is that I got thousands of warnings during the restores,
> like this:
>
> restore: lsetxattr ./etc/hotplug/pci.agent failed: Operation not supported
>
> I compared the old and new files with "stat" but couldn't see any
> difference apart from the inode numbers,
> and the system seems to be working fine.
> I wonder if this has something to do with selinux
> (which I have turned off)?

I'd raise this on the dump mailing list. The developer is very responsive
there.

"man lsetxattr" indicates that this is an issue with extended attributes. I
think you can see those with the "lsattr" command. (Example: I set the "d"
attribute on things I don't want routinely dumped, like my Fedora DVD image
that's mounted as a yum core repository.)