open source Solution for Active Directory Services

Robert Mortimer rmortimer at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 08:21:11 UTC 2006

Try the following for a quick start

http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/ (will get you a samba LDAP PDC)

LAM on souceforge (samba account management)

PHPLDAPAdmin on souceforge (Full LDAP browsing)

Outlook can connect to LDAP to AutoFill addresses (Also Thunderbird etc)
Sendmail / Postfix can use it to get mailbox aliases
Dovecott can use it to provide IMAP + POP
FV_Milter can use it to set vacation messages