New thread, broadcom 802-11 related

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Apr 20 11:42:29 UTC 2006

On Thu April 20 2006 7:15 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Check ifconfig - they may be using the same interrupt

At my office, we have both a T1 and a DSL line. My ethernet is  on the T1, and
the wireless is on the DSL. What appears to happen is that the ethernet gets
connectivity first, and takes it's DNS settings from the DHCP server on our
LAN. Then the wireless connects, but as far as I can tell, the DNS settings
are not overwritten - so, the end result is that my wireless connection is
trying to use the DNS service provided on our LAN - but, maybe I've got it
all wrong - I'm just looking at GUI interfaces to the underlying stuff - I'll
look at ifconfig
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA