livna vs. nvidia

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 20 13:50:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 10:23 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Maybe he meant "It is faster available" -- livna often needs two days
> (or sometimes even more) until new drivers are published in the repo.
> This could be improved if there would be more people helping maintain
> and testing the drivers. Maintaining them is a lot of work and the job
> is quite frustrating. That's why I'll soon step down as maintainer of
> the ati-fglrx and nvidia drivers in livna.

I'm sorry to see you stepping down. There are people out there like me
who appreciate the effort you put into keeping these updates going. I
remember the early days of this driver and how long it sometimes took.
Timing of these updates is quite good in my opinion given the work
needed to make it happen - 1 or 2 days is *much* better than some of the
earlier times when it sometimes could take a couple of weeks.

Best of luck! Whoever takes over for you will have some large shoes to
fill.

Cheers,

Chris

--