Wireless Routers for Linux?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Apr 20 22:17:44 UTC 2006

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 15:21 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>>John Mason Jr wrote:

>>>You should be able to enter all the setup info via web interface
>>>

>>Yes, if you can bring up the web interface, it doesn't always work.

>>>Linksys user manual shows a reset button, but this may be different
>>>than your model/version number
>>>

>>The instructions tell you to press reset and/or pull the power plug and
>>if that fails use the install software.  I have never been able to
>>verify that the reset button does anything of value to me?  I've pressed
>>it numerous times to no avail.
>>

>I think you have to od more than push it . You have to hold id for 10
>seconds for the reset to be effected.

I think you could hold it for an hour and no get back to defaults.  Tech
support requested ten seconds and thought that was longer than required,
I was watching my watch ...  The [WET54G] instructions also suggest
cycling the power which also accomplished nothing.  Presently it is
working on this XP box but I still can't access it with the specified
192.168.1.226?  I bought it because it requires only an ethernet input,
the required drivers are supposed to be built in.

It worked a few days on the FC5 computer and quit while I was messing
with the configuration not realizing that the Belkin router had gone
intermittent.

I do thank everyone for their response, I'm overwhelmed with information!

Thanks.

Bob