Wireless Routers for Linux?

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu Apr 20 22:35:24 UTC 2006

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> writes:
>> I bought a Linksys WRT54g, gave up on it and returned it.  The
>> installation software only works with Windows ...
> Strangely enough, I went out and bought a wrt54g a few years ago
> simply because it ran linux and one could administer it as any other
> linux machine.
Only the version 3 and 4 ran linux, the version 5's went back to vsworks
because Linksys got GPL shy. They do still produce a version with Linux
but you have to hunt for it.

Chris Mason
(264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463
Int:  (305) 704-7249 Fax: (815)301-9759 UK
Cell: 264-235-5670
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com

believed to be clean.