partition management in linux - [solved]

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 21 00:36:21 UTC 2006

on 04/20/2006 08:15 AM Anne Wilson wrote:

> That's very interesting, because I'm sure I read somewhere that Acronis uses
> linux to do the job.  If so, it should be possible to find what tool is being
> used.
yep, I heard the same. Just wondering that the my friend (who helped me
out with this thing) said he didn't obtain any sources code with the
product he bought.

> Just to confirm, Oleksandr, you did actually resize backwards?  That is from
> the front of your ext3 partition to the beginning of the disk?
exactly. I don't know actually how long it took for the operation to
complete. I left it over the night after waiting for 20 minutes.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./