Wireless Routers for Linux?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 21 04:30:32 UTC 2006

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 15:21 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>>John Mason Jr wrote:

>>>You should be able to enter all the setup info via web interface
>>

>>Yes, if you can bring up the web interface, it doesn't always work.

>>>Linksys user manual shows a reset button, but this may be different
>>>than your model/version number
>>
>>The instructions tell you to press reset and/or pull the power plug and
>>if that fails use the install software.  I have never been able to
>>verify that the reset button does anything of value to me?  I've pressed
>>it numerous times to no avail.
>
> I think you have to od more than push it . You have to hold id for 10
> seconds for the reset to be effected.

I once had to reset a Linksys router, and what I did was
hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then powered down
while holding the button, waited 10 to 30 seconds, then
powered up and waited 30 seconds, then released. The reset
button was held continuously during this period.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.