fedora confusion

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 21 14:01:09 UTC 2006

I finally have time to clear up all the confusions that have bothered me
for years. This is related to not being able to get fedora to play audio
files using realplay or anything else.

In the the fedora Downloads preferences there are two features that
drive me batty.

1. the file type window. In my fire fox this is always empty. Help info
tells you how to edit an entry but not how to create an entry. I would
like to be able to say all pdf files should be handled by acroreaqd. How
do you do that? And then there is the plugin window. Am I to assume that
this is controlled by changes to
mozpluggerrc? If not how is that done?

Somehow it used to be much similar with the old mozilla
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>