gnome-mount not respecting mount options?

Mostafa Afgani m.afgani.fedora at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 21 22:14:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

On FC3/4 I used to use a custom *.fdi for hal to automount all of my
windows partitions at boot. Starting with FC5 I've run into some
problems. It seems that no matter what mount options I set in the
*.fdi, the disks are always mounted under GNOME as
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev).  As a result, a regular user has no access
to the partitions. 'lshal' shows that the options specified in the
*.fdi are indeed in effect as far as hal is concerned.

Question is, why is gnome-mount not respecting the
"volume.policy.mount_option.*" options set via hal??

Best,
-M

PS: The storage-fixed.fdi:

http://pandora.iu-bremen.de/~mafgani/stuff/storage-fixed.fdi