dualhead xscreensaver???

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Sat Apr 22 00:42:18 UTC 2006

oleksandr korneta wrote:
> hello,
>
> I configured my xorg for dualhead layout with no xinerama. That means
> that I have 2 separate screens (:0, :1) now. For some reason, the
> xscreensaver is not working in that mode. It neither runs the
> screensaver, nor locks the screen as specified. DPMS is working fine
> thought.
>
> If I force the screen to lock (from xscreensaver-demo) it works fine. Is
> there anything I am missing for this type of layout, or is there at
> least some kind of log file where I can trace what is causing the problem?
>
> thank you in advance

I have had the same problem on FC3 and FC4 without success. I have not
yet updated to FC5, due to insufficient time, to try it there.

I have since begun using TwinView (nVidia's xinerama mode), where the
screensaver kicks in just fine.

Not sure what to tell you there relative to a solution. I had posted in
several places about it, without a satisfactory resolution being offered.

At least you are not alone...  :-)

Marc Schwartz