FC-5. Cannot install in graphical or text modes

Teilhard Knight teilhk at softhome.net
Sat Apr 22 01:34:02 UTC 2006

Hello:

I am trying to install FC-5, but X won't start for graphical install. I then
tried text install but I get a blue screen and installation also hangs. I
then disabled ACPI (linux acpi=off), and I cannot install either.

I have three drivers where to install from and I always get the same result.
Now, I have a Geoforce3 Nvidia card which, browsing here apparently gives
problems with the kernel in FC-5. My monitor is a Sony Trinitron Multiscan
G220.

Upon checking the installation disk, I got a "pass" (it's OK to install from
this disk), and trying the disk in another computer, the installer works all
right, up to the point of actual installation.

Is there anything I could do to enable me to install?

Teilhard.