Console Fonts and Languages

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at
Sun Apr 23 00:52:27 UTC 2006

Greetings Tim ,

Tim wrote:

Well in my original posting i was asking about the default iocharset ,
the default codepage and the default keymap .

Through experimenting i have managed to find that the

entry in /etc/sysconfig/keyboard controls the default keymap .
The Console Font is set by the

entry in the /etc/sysconfig/i18n

Now as far as the default iocharset and codepage are conserned , there i
only found the

statement  and the

statement in the /etc/sysconfig/i18n

Those two statements are supposed to set the LANGuage and the supported
languages but am uncertain whether they actually control what i wanted .

>>Well untill now i was unsuccessfull  . Tried with various fonts with the
>>above settings but i have failled .
> I'm not sure if you're saying you've now been successful, or not.  Those
> two sentences contradict each other.

Well i guess i have to rephrase .

I have been unsuccessfull . Also i have to add that i compiled a fresh
to experiment with the settings but again i failled . So  i guess that
either am
missing something or am using the wrong font .